Thursday, March 24, 2011

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu!

Well it's finally arrived! My countdown clock has expired, I've said most of my goodbyes, and my bags are packed.

After a short staging in Philadelphia, we'll all be boarding a bus to JFK that will then take us to our new home for the next 27 months. By Monday the 28th we'll be in Kyrgyzstan and by that following Wednesday i'll be moving in with my host family for the rest of training....totally wild and mind blowing.

I've been told that we may not have access to a phone or internet once we get there, so as the saying goes "no news is good news."

So ready or not Kyrgyzstan, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. To my dear friend,
    You have only been out of the USA for one day and already I find myself stalking your blog and facebook to see if you have updated them with any news. I find myself constantly thinking, I wonder what Melissa is doing right now, and what kind of place she is in, and with what kind of people? All the while trying not to start crying. I know you are at the very beginning of an amazing experience, and I am so excited to hear about your adventures along the way. I love you so much!! and cannot wait to hear about your travels to the long awaited Kyrgyzstan!

    ReplyDelete